22nd Oct Exploring Landscapes in Mixed Media with John Scott Martin NDD PPRBSA PRSMA FRSA
Exploring Landscapes in Mixed Media
Using collage, various paints, inks and pastels (possibly sand, fabric and cardboard)
with John Scott Martin NDD PPRBSA PRSMA FRSA
Saturday 22nd October 2022
10am – 4pm
All abilities welcome Studio One
Tap into your creativity to build a landscape using all sorts of mixed media! A really fun and experimental day.
Spend an enjoyable day with John, a really experienced teacher, exploring a variety of different mediums to build a landscape layer by layer. The day will begin with a presentation of Johns work to illustrate possibilities and to inspire, helping to speed up the process and give you as much practical time as possible. Working fairly quickly will encourage creativity and there will be plenty of happy accidents! If time allows, more unusual materials can be explored such as sand, textured cardboard and textiles.
About John Scott Martin
John is a practising painter and printmaker. He ended a long career in graphics, printing, photography and design management to return to his first love. He is well known for his images of Cornwall, the mining landscape and nautical scenes. He is inspired by classic yachts, sailing barges and ships – he works in oils, acrylics, watercolour, pastels and inks and exhibits with no less than ten galleries. John is a past President of the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts. He occasionally writes for The Artist magazine and is the newly appointed President of the Royal Society of Marine Artists.
Recommended materials list:
- Watercolours: John favours Winsor & Newton watercolours and gouache, but bring whatever you have and purchase any extra colours in our shop. https://www.pegasusart.co.uk/winsor-newton-watercolours-individual-colours-in-5ml-tubes.ir
- Gouache: We sell single tubes or sets at Pegasus Art. https://www.pegasusart.co.uk/designer-gouache-14ml-tube.ir
- Paper: Bring 5 / 6 pieces of A3 or A4 cartridge paper. There are plenty of options in the shop including sketchbooks and sheet paper. (Recommended weight 190gsm)
- Brushes: Bring whatever brushes you already have.
- Palette Knives: Bring whatever you have or buy some in our shop: https://www.pegasusart.co.uk/rgm-progrip-palette-knives-24-shapes-sizes.ir
-Pastels: Bring whatever you have or purchase some in our shop: https://www.pegasusart.co.uk/drawing-pastels.irc John is bringing some too!
- Palette or suitable plate
- Pencil and sketchbook – any size.
- John will bring all the unusual materials! (A range of coloured tissue and textured papers, pva glue, ink rollers, pastels and fixative.)
- Please bring high quality landscape images with you.
- Lunch! Please bring a packed lunch, water, a flask of tea and coffee with you as we cannot provide refreshments at the moment due to Covid restrictions.
- All students receive an extra 5% off in our extensive mill shop.
Please take care to check our Terms & Conditions in relation to our cancellation policy:
Free UK Mainland delivery on orders over £50*
*except 275cm and 300cm stretcher bars.
Read further details and keep up to date with our temporary changes here.
Delivery is charged as priced on each order (International delivery exceptions apply).
Standard Delivery: We aim to process and dispatch orders within two days. However at peak order times this may not always be possible so please allow 3-5 days for processing.
If you are unavailable when our delivery partner tries to deliver your order, they will usually try to deliver again the next working day or they will drop a card in to offer you a collection from a local collection point. If you should refuse delivery of goods, or are not available to accept the delivery on both delivery attempts, you will be required to cover any extra costs incurred.
Click and Collect Available
Click and collect is available at our Stroud shop. Please await our confirmation email before collecting. Proof of order required to pick up goods.
See full delivery information and pricing here.
We hope you are very happy with every purchase from Pegasus Art however if you are not entirely satisfied we are here to help.
Please contact us by phone or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This is so one of our staff can determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or exchange the product.
You have 28 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
Once we have received your item and inspected it we will contact you.
If your return is approved, we will initiate an immediate exchange or refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
Products returned by you within the seven-day cooling-off period will be refunded in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, contact us.