14th March 2020 Experimental, Evocative Landscapes Mixed Media with Mel C. Hicks
Experimental, evocative landscapes – mixed media with Mel Cormack-Hicks
Saturday 14th March 2020
10am – 4pm
All abilities welcome
Debunking composition! Melanie will show you how to create dynamic compositions with her easy to follow hands on teaching methods. You will experiment with composition and leave with the skills that will allow you to make use of composition with impact.
Colour Theory ~ Using colour really helps to evoke emotion in our artwork. All too often however it becomes an element of our artwork that we guess at. Melanie will show you how to use colour theory as a tool to create impact leaving you feeling confident about your colour palette.
What will I achieve?
You will create one or more landscape compositions during the course of the day. These landscapes will have a visual impact, using your newly found knowledge of composition and colour.
A Fine Art painting degree from Cheltenham in the mid 90’s allowed Mel to find her artistic voice. Following this, she spent twenty years teaching secondary school pupils and just three years ago decided to become a full time professional artist. Her first solo show at Chapel Arts in Cheltenham launched her new career. She has exhibited at ‘The Other Art Fair’ a Saatchi affiliated show and is represented by Marine House at Beer. She is full of energy and enthusiasm for her new audience of students and is loving sharing her creative process. www.artistmelcormackhicks.com
All attendees receive 5% off in our shop adjacent to Studio One at Pegasus Art.
All of the materials below are available.
Tea & coffee will be provided throughout the day.
Recommended Equipment List
Please bring any materials you already have and would like to bring. This is a guideline for what to bring:
•Bring a selection of both dry and wet materials, then we can try out mixed media techniques!
• Bring oils, and also quick drying materials; ink, watercolour, watercolour pencils, gouache, acrylics, pencils, chalks, pastels.
• Bring five print outs of landscapes that have meaning to you. They could be several images of the same location from different angles OR different images. The printouts should be A5 size minimum. You can bring photographs, but please note, you will be painting on top of them and possibly tearing them up.
- Acrylic Inks from Daler Rowney – Prussian blue, Payne’s Grey, Cadmium Red, White and Sap Green – these are her staple colours:
- Watersoluble coloured pencils – blues, turquoises, reds and yellows. You can buy single pencils here:
- Masking fluid
- Glue stick
- Palette Knife - any shape
- White gesso – any kind. Our Jo Sonja 250ml bottle is the cheapest:
- Golden gloss medium – this is a nice extra, but certainly not essential. Mel can show you how to use it:
- Amsterdam acrylics - Mel recommends Naples Yellow and White
- Five print outs of landscapes that have meaning to you. They could be several images / photographs of the same location from different angles OR different images. The print outs should be A5 minimum.
- Sketchbook – no larger than A4, any format.
- Boards, card, paper or canvas to work on depending on the materials you want to work with. I suggest not larger than roughly 8 x 8 inches in size or similar sized rectangle format.
- A packed lunch and water – there is no café at Griffin Mill.
Please take care to check our Terms & Conditions in relation to our cancellation policy:
Free UK mainland delivery on orders over £50.
Delivery is charged as priced on each order (*International delivery exceptions apply).
Standard Delivery: We aim to process and dispatch orders within two days. However at peak times this may not always be possible so please allow 3-5 days for processing.
Next Working Day (Available Monday-Friday) and Saturday Delivery options are only available for orders received by 12 noon. Once you have placed an order it will be dispatched the same day or the next day depending on the time the order was placed. If you wish to cancel your order after it has been dispatched, you will be charged for both delivery and collection cost.
If you are unavailable when our delivery partner tries to deliver your order, they will usually try to deliver again the next working day or they will drop a card in to offer you a collection from a local collection point. If you should refuse delivery of goods, or are not available to accept the delivery on both delivery attempts, you will be required to cover any extra costs incurred.
Click and Collect Now Available From Our Stroud Shop
Await our confirmation email before collecting.
Proof of order required to pick up goods.
See full delivery information and pricing here.
We hope you are very happy with every purchase from Pegasus Art however if you are not entirely satisfied we are here to help.
Please contact us by phone or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This is so one of our staff can determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or exchange the product.
You have 28 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. Your item must be in the original packaging.
Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.
Once we have received your item and inspected it we will contact you.
If your return is approved, we will initiate an immediate exchange or refund to your credit card (or original method of payment). You will receive the credit within a certain amount of days, depending on your card issuer's policies.
Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
Products returned by you within the seven-day cooling-off period will be refunded in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
If you have any questions on how to return your item to us, contact us.