10th Feb Always Wanted to Paint Part 2 Watercolour with Max Hale
- Out of stock
Always wanted to paint in watercolours? Part 2
with Max Hale
Saturday 10th February
10am – 4pm
**Part 2 of this course is for intermediates and those who have completed the Part 1 workshop **
A painting discovery course with Max Hale for beginners and improvers
What is the course about?
Watercolour, like any other medium requires good basic groundwork and understanding to start you off. This day course will build your technique along with your confidence by giving the basics that can be used as you develop your style and motivation.
You will learn how to draw out for painting and about the materials, paper, paint and brushes. How to start using basic washes and control your paint and water content. This will lead to painting small works giving you the chance to try out your newly found technique. As the morning progresses your understanding of the watercolour method will grow.
You will be taught
• how to plan your painting
• how to work from your subject
• how to develop good brush technique
• how to lay effective washes
• basic colour mixing
• what to leave out
• when to stop painting
What should you bring?
• A set of watercolour paints either tubes or pans
• At least two good quality watercolour brushes one must be at least a size 10 round or flat
• Tissue or kitchen roll for mopping out
• Two or three A3 size sheets of watercolour paper, loose or on a pad each day
• sketch book, any size and 2B or 4B pencil
All workshop attendees receive an extra 5% off art materials from our extensive shop next to Studio One. The shop is open from 9am, so please do come before the workshop to purchase what you need.
For more information, please contact Pegasus Art
Griffin Mill, Thrupp, Stroud, Glos GL5 2AZ t. 01453 886560